Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moscow, June 15th

At this point it’s all a jumble. It’s July 17th today and I’m trying to remember what happened on June 15th. I know that I didn’t go to the Central Museum of the Armed Forces, and I don’t remember the ship being particularly empty that morning, so I have to assume that I wasn’t the only one who didn’t find that intriguing. Later in the day I heard a few folks talking about meeting Russian WW2 veterans. After almost 50 years of cold war, it’s hard to remember that the Russians were our Allies against Hitler during WW2, but our own veterans certainly remembered that and enjoyed the war stories.
I also remember that Adrianne and I had decided before we left home that we would not go to the Moscow Circus performance. We can see the circus at home for far less money. Our shutterbug friends did go to the Moscow Circus, and despite the photography prohibition got quite a few nice pictures. (Also see Moscow Circus Part 2).

No comments: